JSCHS Virtual Library Scavenger Hunt
Virtual Library Scavenger Hunt
The answers to these questions can be found on the JSCHS Library Website. Copy and paste the questions into a Word document in your own folder on Student Storage.
1. Name three of the information boxes on the Library Home Page.
2. What is the name of the library catalogue?
3. Name the page where you find the “Author of the Month”. Who is it this month?
4. How many websites are there for young readers? Name those that allow you to rate books.
Questions 5 – 9 refer to The Online Reference page. Answer any 3 of these questions.
5. Use an online encyclopaedia from the page to find an article on either:
a) astronomy; b) koalas; c) dreamtime stories. Paste the link below.
6. Using one of the Dictionaries on the page find the meaning of the word “kismet”.
7. From the same page, using an online Thesaurus , find and list three synonyms for the word “value”.
8. Using one of the Country Information links find the capital of Lithuania.
9. What is the time and date now in Seattle, USA? Use one of the links in the Time box find your answer.
10. Open Research and Study Help – click to enlarge Research Game. What is the KWL method of taking notes?
11. Open Copyright and Plagiarism – browse through the powerpoint. What are three possible school consequences of plagiarizing?
12. How many faculties have pages under Subject Resources? Name them.
13. Name the HSIE pages for Year 8
14. What are the 5Ws of Website Evaluation?
15. Name the 4 links in the Guide to Socialising Online Box.